Fitzgerald Truck Parts
We created a website customers and administrators could actually use.
A website that fit the buyer’s journey and the staff’s workflow.
The flow and functionality of the site wasn’t meeting anyone’s needs
- It was hard to find products so customers were calling in
- Inventory / stock was consistently wrong and didn’t match the warehouse
- Orders were on an island because website didn’t integrate with the Point of Sale system
- Accounting was being done manually, adding a lot of time
- Conditional features were missing from products to calculate quotes and shipping
- The backend couldn’t scale to meet the administrators desired workflow
Migrating to Magento
First, we moved off of the custom software to Magento to give better e-commerce functionality. This gave us an opportunity to create a new website design, a product import and inventory sync feature, and customize the backend to work for the administrators.
Help customers shop more easily
Next, we helped organize the products into customer-friendly categories. We added searchable attributes, featured products, product groups to help customers shop more easily. The new design made it more intuitive to use and find the products they were looking for.
Optimized the administrators workflow
We helped save the administrators tons of time. We created a custom import to help sync inventory and products from the warehouse with the website. Then we integrated a Point of Sale system with the website so orders taken by phone would sync to the website. We added some custom functionality to the admin area so the team could operate a help desk, ship orders from multiple locations, offer advanced refund scenarios, and add additional documentation to orders. Finally, when an order was placed we pushed it into the accounting software, saving tens of hours per week.
- More sales online from customers
- Accurate inventory and product details
- Optimal workflow that benefits the administrators
- Thousands of hours saved in data entry
- A beautiful new website design
Improve the Customer’s Shopping Experience
As business owners, we’re so close to what we do that we know it inside and out. Unknowingly, we think our customers know our products like we do. The problem is this leads us to give our customers a confusing and bad experience.
We took a step back and helped Fitzgerald Truck Parts think about their product categories, attributes to sort down and filter the catalog, and the search experience.
Then we imported thousands of products to save time and money. The result was an easy-to-use e-commerce website.
Make your website work for you
Built to scale around the client’s workflow
The design of the website doesn’t always tell the whole story. Businesses often have a need to integrate their website with their retail workflow. This website fell into that category and had a few customizations like:
- Supports multiple ship points
- Syncs inventory and orders to the Point of Sale system
- Handles extra charges and price tiers to products
- Saves time by sending orders to the accounting software
- Friendly for an administrator’s custom workflow
We’ve been working with Bennett Web Group for several years now and couldn’t be happier. They built us a custom Magento e-commerce website and also created a wide array of custom functionality for the site. Thomas and his team are always very responsive to emails and have been a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend them to anyone in need of help in the e-commerce space.
Jesse Foutch, Marketing
Fitzgerald Truck Parts
Get a Free Consultation
Ready to start your project?
We’re proud to work with organizations like this and would love to show you how you can get similar results. Get a Free Consultation