- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the Site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding our use of your data;
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information; and
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Please take a few moments to read this policy carefully.
Each time you visit the Site, we may automatically collect certain types of information. Some examples of automatic information we may collect are as follows:
- We may record your internet service provider’s address, your internet protocol or IP address, the web page from which you came, your web browser software, the type of handheld or mobile device used to link to the web page, and the language settings on your web browser;
- We may collect a record of your activity or your “clickstream” while visiting the Sites;
- We may use web beacons, match scripts, pixel tags or similar technologies that allow us to know if a particular web page was visited, an e-mail opened, links in the email utilized or if the advertisements on the Sites or other sites were effective. In some instances, these technologies may allow us to match activities with particular users; and
- We may also collect any information you enter, such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or debit card information.
Use of Information
We will use your information to better understand and serve your needs, and respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. When we create a referral program, offer discounts or incentives, we like to know more about you to make sure our efforts provide you value. We may also use your personal information to enhance your customer experience, improve our customer service, tailor offerings and advertisements to you relating to services you have requested, and communicate with you about products, services, special offerings offered by Thomas G. Bennett, Inc. that may be of interest to you.
We may also use this information to analyze and manage our businesses. Aggregate or combined data is collected from online and offline facilities and may be used to enhance the ability of Thomas G. Bennett, Inc. to communicate with you and to support business functions such as internal business processes, marketing, authentication, customer service, fraud prevention, and public safety and legal functions.
Your information will not be accessible to anyone other than our staff. All that to say, we won’t sell your information to all the spammers that clutter your inbox!
We want to make an effort to keep you informed of our own special events, news and offers. Periodically, we send announcements via email or direct mail. If you do not wish to be contacted by our office, simply click on the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of the email newsletter. If you have subscribed to multiple email newsletters from us, you can unsubscribe from each newsletter individually or use the unsubscribe page to remove yourself from all future marketing emails.
Sharing of Information
We do not share your personal information with third parties, except through standard digital third-party service providers. Some examples of the services that third-party service providers offer include:
- Authorization of debit card and check transactions, order fulfillment, service promotions;
- Developing, hosting or maintaining the Site on behalf of Thomas G. Bennett, Inc.;
- Aggregating customer information and/or improving customer service.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any;
- Change/correct any data we have about you; or
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers, allowing users to opt out of tracking by websites and online services. At the present time, the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has not yet established universal standards for recognizable DNT signals and therefore, Thomas G. Bennett, Inc. and the Site do not recognize DNT.
The Site may use “cookies,” which are small pieces of information stored by your browser or other application on your computer’s browser or hard drive. The cookies are used to connect your computer with information stored about your online activity, searches, preferences and product purchases both within the same website visit and from one visit to the next on the Site and/or other websites. Some examples of this data include your account preferences, user specific information on pages accessed, searched terms or addresses entered, and previous visits to the site. The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive new cookies or how to disable cookies altogether. If you reject cookies, you may not be able to participate in certain activities or receive a promotion tailored to you. The Site does not control and does not guarantee the effectiveness of browser-based tools for managing cookies.
We are determined to keep your information private. We use industry-standard security techniques on the Site to help protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information collected from you at the Site. We have even added measures to protect your personal information during transactions. For example, when you supply us with your debit card or checking account information to make a purchase, we encrypt your information to ensure a safe and secure transaction. Your payment information is temporarily stored on a secure server before processing. However, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us. In this regard, we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data while you are on the Internet. At a minimum, we encourage you to make sure that you are using a secure browser as you surf the Internet.
How to Correct, Access, and Update Your Information
If you wish to access information that you have submitted through this Site or to request the correction of any inaccurate information you have submitted through this Site, please call 615.678.2699.
Our Site may contain links to other sites, including those of our business partners. While we seek to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by other sites.
Effective Date: June 1, 2017